If a list is rolled down of the most-written about subjects ever in literary history, the ‘How to be Smart’ would definitely occupy the top spot.
It is not that the writers are unnecessarily flooding readers with books on this subject; it is just that the subject finds way too many readers. And that is probably why you are reading this article. But for knowing how to be smart, one does not need to go through pages and pages of tips. And you really don’t need to do something unique. You do what you have to do; it is just the process that needs to be worked upon. What do smart people do? Read on:
1. They set their goals. Smart people don’t have a haphazard way of approaching life. They always set a benchmark and this is what everyone should follow. Only if we know what it is we want to achieve can we take the first step towards it. And the goal setting has to be done at an early age.
2. They have a step-by-step plan to achieve their goals. Setting your goals is not enough. Sometimes we set such ambitious goals for ourselves that we unconsciously start considering them impossible to achieve and lose our interest. And this happens because we want to achieve too much in too little time. This is where smart people think ahead. They realize that though setting highly ambitious goals is practical, but expecting groundbreaking results at the blink of an eye is not. Only when you break your goals into several mini-goals and work towards achieving each of those mini-goals, you can start climbing up the ladder, maybe not vertically but always upwards.
3. They control their impulses. Smart people don’t jump-skip the reasons before taking decision. The deliberateness in their actions is what makes them stand apart from the crowd. A proper thought goes behind every action and even if the decision proves to be wrong, they don’t start regretting and whining over it. ‘Learn from our mistakes’ is what we read and that is what they practice.
4. They know their limits. People burning out to achieve something that is way too far-fetched is a common sight. It is not that successful people restrict their abilities or skills, but they do know the boundaries they can push their abilities to.
5. They don’t do anything half-halfheartedly. Starting something with huge enthusiasm and then losing steam mid-way is a trait many suffer. Smart people set their minds on something and endeavour to achieve that with absolute determination.
6. They’re good listeners. This is something that doesn’t come easily to many. Listening to others might just be our dose of wisdom that we so crucially need. It gives us a different insight into our personalities and helps us to identify certain mistakes and make amends for the same.
7. They’re not discouraged by failure. How many of us know how to deal with failure? Very few. We all have plans to cope with the most despairing of situations, but when those situations do arise; all those plans go out of the window. This is where smart people serve a lesson for us. They do fail, but they know how to create new beginnings.
Smart people are not smart because they are blessed. They practice certain values that empower them to remain ahead of the rest. And that is what the rest must follow.
Credit to : MensXP.com